The WSTDA benefits members by preparing standards which promote quality manufacturing procedures, product testing and proper end-use by clients. Membership provides opportunities for:
- Active participation within technical committees to develop voluntary standards and address industry concerns.
- A base for personal education and networking for the success of one's own business.
- Meeting and exchanging technical information with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Use of the WSTDA logo on literature or letterhead.
- Access to all WSTDA products.
- Attendance at WSTDA conferences held twice a year throughout North America offering stimulating learning and cultural experiences.
WSTDA consists of approximately 115 companies from the United States and Canada.
Companies actively engaged in manufacturing slings and/or tie downs or load securement products, or in the manufacture of synthetic webbing for slings and/or tie downs. If company has been in business for less than two years, it must provide a certificate of product liability insurance before being eligible for membership.
Companies actively engaged in the manufacturing or distribution of finished goods and/or secondary component materials and supplies, such as fibers, thread and hardware, directly or indirectly related to slings and/or tie down industries. Associate membership may include manufacturers of testing apparatus, sewing machines and looms.
Any person, firm or corporation interested in the work, mission and common interests of WSTDA, who does not otherwise meet the requirements of Regular or Associate membership.